Friday, June 18, 2010
8 Reasons To Hire An Illustrator
1. An illustrator can help you solve your visual problems. Imagine illustration as thinking pictures. An illustration can jump start feeling and mood while enhancing text.
“A problem well-stated is a problem half-solved. -John Dewey
2. An illustrator can serve as a creative consultant. Our inspirations, curiosities and experiences can add a different spin to your projects.
“A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind. -Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
3. Our small size is a cost effective advantage to you. Many of us work from home, from basement offices to fully loaded studios. Our quick commutes and small expenses give us freedom to just create and run our business.
“Being free brings a lightness, a carefree surrender to all that is happening around you, and above all an acceptance of reality. -Deepak Chopra
4. Our clients are the most important part of our business. We offer imagination and unique talents to this creative industry. We want to develop strong creative relationships as a form of community online and around the corner.
“All art has this characteristic: it unites people.” -Leo Tolstoy
5. An illustrator can offer more than just great work. We see ourselves as entrepreneurs with independent spirits. Many of us write, teach, and sell products as well as promoting the industry to make it better. Our versatile approach keeps this industry moving forward.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. –Aristotle
6. An illustrator is as imaginative as you need them to be. You definitely have the choice of realism, whimsical to conceptual styles. You can find what will best enhance your creative projects.
“You have to be interested in culture to design for it. –Lorraine Wild
7. An illustrator’s flexibility can be your best asset. Deadlines can change, projects can be altered or sometimes canceled all together. Our resiliency keeps us in business and opens us up to new creative opportunities.
“Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.” -Anonymous
8. An illustrator helps you make a good impression because we live to create stuff. If it looks good in our portfolio, the finished piece will look good on you as well. A great illustration mixed with great design shows creative strength. This combination is an inspired match.
“Illustration, the act of making a narrative clear, is one of mankind’s great accomplishments. -Milton Glazer
© Holly DeWolf